Hi. It’s been ages and I’ve missed you.
A friend of mine decided to nominate my blog for this Lovely Blog Award and hopes it will give me the kick in the ass I need to get things moving again. So I saddled Father with baby tonight and will make this award post my come back post.
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
Anne – The Belle Jar – Go check out her blog. She’s an awesome lady, a witty and amusing writer, and has so much to share.
Thank you! I’m honoured to receive this award and touched you enjoy my blog so much.
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
This is just a fraction of my animated collection of wonder.
1) I love cartoons. When given the choice I would usually rather watch a cartoon over a live-action show or movie. I put on Howl’s Moving Castle when I clean. I watch Sailor Moon or Lilo and Stitch when I’m having a particularly bad day. The Real Ghostbusters cartoon is always in my DVD rotation (my mom got me the 200 dollar complete collection for Christmas – there is a picture somewhere of me screaming in delight when I opened it). The Last Unicorn still makes me teary-eyed no matter how many times I watch it. In high school I wanted to be an animator. That didn’t work out. But my cartoon collection keeps growing. My current obsession is My Little Ponies Friendship Is Magic, Adventure Time and Avatar – The Legend of Korra.
They guard my underwear drawer from alien invasion.
2) I collect plush rottweilers. I own 27 different kinds at this moment. They live in a basket bassinet in my bedroom. It is a bassinet of black and tan fuzzy goodness. Can you guess what my favorite breed of dog is?
3) I have the biggest sweet tooth of anyone I know. I used to consider myself a bit of a candy expert when I lived in Toronto and worked for Sugar Mountain. I was surrounded by candy from all over the world and proudly boasted that I had tasted everything in the store at least once. Except for anything involving black licorice. That shit is gross, yo.
4) I have two tattoos. The one on my back is a wolf and a cheetah in a circle. The wolf is representative of my Father and the cheetah my Mother – the animals I associate with them. When I showed the tattoo to my mom and explained the meaning she said she was both “horrified and flattered” at the same time.
The other tattoo is the Ghostbuster symbol on my right arm. Where they wear their patches on their suits. I even measured. I mean it, I took out a tape measure and everything. If I was to wear that suit with this patch – that is where on my arm it would land. People ask my why I got it. Sometimes I want to answer “Because I just ADORED Back to the Future, don’t you?” Also on this topic I got to meet Ernie Hudson (Winston) at a comic con in Toronto. He was super nice and gave me a hug. I nerdgasmed for the rest of the day. He didn’t believe the tattoo was real at first and came around the desk to touch it. He also signed (for free) a drawing I had done of him. So I have my original artwork signed by the Ghostbuster it is of. Hell yeah.
5) I hate The Tragically Hip. The singer’s voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me and I cringe and turn off the songs anytime I hear them. I also hate Jello Biafra (from The Dead Kennedy’s) and will nearly pass out at the sound of his voice.
6) I am fascinated by the paranormal and have been ever since I was a little girl. I used to read “More Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark” and scare myself with the pictures. Seriosly, that stuff was FREAKY!
I also lived in a haunted house when I was 10 and have had two more prolific ghost encounters later on in life. If I could I would have more. Someday I would like to hunt ghosts with scientific equipment. I even have a digital voice recorder should the opportunity arise. This probably is connected to my love/obsession with Ghostbusters. Mabye.
7) I got married on the bank of the Yukon river in Dawson City. If you don’t know where that is look it up on google. I’ll tell the story in another post. Was cool to do it where there is so much history. Hope to go back there someday. Was a beautiful city and if anyone is thinking of a vacation I recommend there!
4. Pass the Award to 15 nominees
I don’t know 15 bloggers so I will have to do less than that. Here are some of my favorite blogs whom I think will like the award.
400 Days ’til 40 – Great blog filled with awesome insights into life before40
Dear #$&!% Baby – Adorable baby + Humorous Mother = Awesome posts about motherhood!
Broken Condoms – Sweet lady pregnant around the same time I was. 🙂
The Waiting – Great blog mix of adorable baby, motherhood and other adventures.
Edible Noir – Creative adventures with food and one of the most inspiring ladies I know!
Valkyri – A good friend whom I will not link to out of respect for her privacy but will still give the award to.
Pregnant Twent-Six And Terrified – Insightful and emotional posts about becoming a mother – honest and beautiful.
5. Include this Set of Rules.
6. Inform the nominees by a comment on their blogs.
Working on that now.
So thanks again Belle Jar for the nomination and it has gotten me back – although this post was two days in the making. 🙂 Oh, and everyone….BABY….